Served with Thai peanut sauce, jasmine brown rice, and red onions
A foodUNCENSORED recipe
Studies show that the most nutritious way to enjoy your chick's breast is wrapped in a spinach blanket.* So try it!
- 4 chicken breasts, fat trimmed and cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, separated (in half)
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 cups spinach, raw, whole leaves, washed & drained
- Olive oil
- Flat-bottom microwaveable bowl
- Aluminum foil
- Toothpicks & meat thermometer (optional)
- Pour enough olive oil into the skillet to evenly coat the bottom. Heat on stovetop over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the oil shimmers.
- While the oil heats up, passionately massage all sides of the chicken breast chunks with oregano, pepper, and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add minced garlic to the hot oil. Carefully place the chicken chunks into the skillet (use tongs!). Don’t move chicken around, the golden-brown crust forms best when left alone.
- Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides, until browned, or until chicken does not stick to the pan. Check the thickest chicken piece with a meat thermometer; it is ready when the temp has reached 165 degrees F. No meat thermometer? Poke the chicken with a knife, when juices run clear then chicken is ready.
- Remove the chicken onto a plate, (do not use the same surface used for raw chicken!), and tent with foil to allow the chicken to rest.
- While chicken is resting, fill microwave-safe container with approx. 2 tablespoons, or 1/4 inch of water. Place spinach and 1/2 tsp of salt into container, cover, and microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Spinach should be bright green and retain shape, not withered.
- Take 1 to 2 whole spinach leaves and wrap around 1 chicken breast cube. You may use a toothpick to secure the roll. Repeat until all the chicks are tucked in.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and ENJOY!